We all love our dogs, and we want to spoil them as much as possible. Scouring the internet for promo codes, sweepstakes, and other free stuff for your dog can be a chore, so below you’ll see a list of a whole bunch of free samples, coupons, and other free items for your beloved pet (33 freebies for your dog, to be exact!)
Since this article is mainly focused on dogs, I will only be mentioning dog-related freebies, samples, and coupons. Even if you don’t own a dog, think of your family members and friends who do! Some coupons or samples will have specific requirements, so be sure to read all the fine print before signing up.
I have organized the samples into 4 convenient categories:
- Free food and treats, which is pretty self-explanatory.
- Dog-related items, which are ways to care for your pet that don’t involve food.
- Paid but cheap, which are mostly coupons, or food items that require you to pay for shipping. It’s cheaper than buying food or treats, but it’s not 100% free.
- And last but not least, Other. This is where I put everything else. These are usually changing offers, as opposed to a static freebie.
So without further ado, let’s get to the actual list!
(Oh, and FYI, these are only for dog-lovers who live in the United States).
Free Food and Treats for Your Dog
- Several coupons or samples of Nutro dog food. Fill out the “Contact Us” form and be sure to select “Coupons or Samples” under the reason for contact. You’ll have to enter a little bit of information about why you’re contacting them, as well as some info about your pet.
- A free sample for the PetWay food. After you fill in some info about yourself and your pet, they will choose a blend that’s specific to your pet’s needs. It’s based on the information you’ve provided, but you’re also free to request a sample of a specific blend.
- A free sample of Zignature Pet Food. Once everything is filled out, you’ll be asked to choose two different recipes from dozens of different and original Zignature foods. These range from the standard beef, chicken, and pork, to the more exotic options like kangaroo, white fish, and lamb. You can’t go wrong by grabbing a sample from them! They also provide specific slots to select if your pet has any food sensitivities, and what types of foods your pet prefers. This is great for those picky eaters! (Make sure to have your ad blocker disabled in case you use one since the form won’t show up if your ad blocker is enabled.)
- A free sample for Artemis dry food. The initial form is a very simple one. Just enter your name, email address, and any additional information you’d like. Feel free to tell them a little bit about your pet so that they can give you personalized recommendations. But of course, you could also simply tell them what you’re interested in trying.
- A sample of Dave’s Pet Food. When you click on “Sign up for recipe alerts”, you’ll see the form that allows you to enter your information. You can sign up for these alerts if you wish, but if you don’t want to get those emails, be sure to select “Free Sample” in the multiple-choice field. It’s also worth noting that they only offer wet food samples. You won’t be able to select any dry samples.
- A SmartyPaws vitamin sample. After an enjoyable little quiz, you’ll be able to enter all the necessary information. It is important to note that they do have a limited amount of 50 samples to give out each day. If they have reached their maximum number of samples for today, try again tomorrow. (Or the next day.) However, if they do run out, they’ll still send you a one-time, personal coupon for 20% off of any SmartyPants products on their website. All you have to do for that coupon is fill in your name and email address.
The following free food and treat samples require a little bit of effort. However, they’re still completely free so I recommend giving them a shot!
- A free taste sample of Nupro Natural pet supplements. All you have to do is give them a call at (800) 360-3300. You’ll give them all of your information that way, as opposed to entering your info in a form.
- A Taste of the Wild pet food sample. You can either give them a call at (800) 342-4808 like in the previous example, or you could visit your local retailer and request a sample in person. The former would seem like the easiest choice, but if there’s a location close to you, it wouldn’t hurt to ask for a sample that way.
- A free bag of Ziggy Bar Treats. The caveat here is that you’ll have to print out this coupon and go to a store that sells these items. It’s still free if your local pet store of choice carries their treats, and you had to go in person anyway. It’s also very important to notice that this coupon expires December 31ST 2020! So, if you want a free bag of treats, you’ll have to be quick.
- A sample of Pet Chef Express Georgia. However, this is only for residents of Metro Atlanta (and surrounding areas.) For people located outside of these areas, you’ll have to pay for shipping charges. Unfortunately, there’s no way to know exactly how much that’ll cost, so keep that in mind.
- A sample of all-natural pet food from The Pet Pantry. They offer completely free samples to the Triangle/Triad North Carolina area only. If you live in North Carolina but outside of this area, you’ll have to pay $8.95 in shipping. If you live elsewhere in the United States, you’ll have to pay the shipping charges provided by UPS. It’s also worth noting that any orders over 70 pounds are subject to an additional UPS special handling charge of $7 per order.
Free Dog-Related Items
- A sample of puppy training pads. After filling out the sample request form, you’ll be able to select 2 free pads of any size. It’s important to note that you only get one pad for each selection. 2 pads aren’t a lot, but if you’ve been wanting to try something different, it’s the perfect solution to experience something new.
- A complimentary office visit to the Banfield Pet Hospital. This will give you a coupon to get a free veterinary visit to any Banfield Pet Hospital near you. Of course, this is only for dogs and cats, and only for new pets. Additional restrictions may apply as well.
- A free office visit and consultation to a PetSmart/Banfield Pet Hospital. They even include a handy tool to check if there are any hospitals near you. (Which can not only give you directions but also allow you to schedule an appointment. Very convenient!) It’s similar to the previous offering, and it might come in handy if there is no standalone Banfield Pet Hospital near you.
- A complimentary dog exam for VCA Hospitals. For new clients only, but they’ll give your pet a free health exam. This site also includes a little locator tool, so you don’t have to manually search for a suitable veterinarian.
- A pet safety pack from the ASPCA. All you have to do is fill out the form to sign up for alerts and information from the ASPCA. This is great to have in case of an emergency! The window decal can notify emergency personnel about your dogs (or other pets) in case of a fire, and the included magnet can be stuck anywhere for quick and easy calling to the Animal Poison Control Center. (Which, hopefully, you never have to call. But if anything happens, you’ll have the number handy.)
- A free sample of Flush Doggy Dog Poop Bags. Flushable dog waste bags are much better for the environment and help prevent all that waste from ending up in a landfill. According to the website, America’s 71 million dogs produce 29,000 tons of waste each day. That’s a ton of waste. (No pun intended…) If you’ve been on the fence about dog waste bags, or you want to do your part in making this world a cleaner place, this is the perfect time to give it a try.
- A YOOS essential oil collar. The only essential oil collar for dogs and they’re offering it for free. They claim it can relieve occasional joint stiffness as well as maintain joint mobility. If that sounds interesting to you, just fill out their form and you’ll receive your collar in 4 to 6 weeks. (Please be careful when handling essential oils around your pets, and be sure to check with your vet prior to using this collar.)
Paid But Cheap (Not Totally Free)
- Samples of pet food from Life’s abundance. These are not completely free, but the prices range from just $1.08 to $1.66. Just choose whichever item sounds most appealing to you. (If you choose one of the meals, make sure to select “5.5 oz Can” and then add it to your bag.) Shipping will be free, so you only have to pay for the food itself. It’s a great way to try something new in case your dog is a picky eater.
- A sample of PawTree’s dog food seasoning. This one is very intriguing! It’s not dog food, but rather dog food seasoning. We like to season our food, and it wouldn’t hurt to spice things up a little for our furry friends. The sample itself is free, but there is a $2.95 shipping and handling fee. (Which is why they ask for a card number in their form.)
- When you sign up for the LucyPet Newsletter, you’ll get 20% off of your first order. Just scroll down on the website and enter your email in the correct field. You’ll also get email notifications for exclusive discounts and new product releases.
- A variety of coupons for Rachael Ray Nutrish dog food. There’s a nice variety of coupons to choose from for both dogs and cats. Plus, if you sign up for their email notifications, you might get other freebies as well. These change from time to time, so keep an eye out for any emails from Nutrish!
- Feed Pet Surveyor samples. For only one dollar, you can get a sample of your choice delivered to your door. Just add your choice to your cart, and then check out. Shipping is also free! There are a whopping 37 samples to choose from, so I’m sure you’ll find something that you (or rather, your dog) will enjoy. You can also select multiple $1 samples in case you want to try a variety of new flavors.
- An assortment of Ageless Paws dried treats. The sample itself is free, but you still have to pay $3.99 for shipping. There are five different flavors to choose from. Plus, these are also good for cats!
- A $5 Purina One Coupon when you take the 28-day challenge. Just select “Take the challenge for dog”, fill out the form, and they’ll send you the coupon via mail. (Physical mail, not email. So it might take a couple of days to arrive!)
Other Free Stuff for Your Dog
- A sample for Fussie Dry Cat Food. This one is for cats, of course. But maybe you have a cat (or know someone who does.) It’s a freebie so good that I didn’t want to leave it out of this article.
- A variety of free items from BringFrido. They’re currently offering a free bumper sticker, a free door hanger, and a free dog bandana. If you sign up for their email newsletter, you’ll also be able to receive free samples. These change periodically, so make sure to check back every once in a while.
- A more general site that sends you samples. If you sign up for PinchMe and select that you own a dog, then you’ll be able to select the free samples that you’re interested in. There’s no specific “One Item” that’s free, but rather a variety of samples that you can claim and review. This will keep things interesting for your beloved dog! Or if you’d like to spoil yourself, you can select and use the review samples that sound interesting to you.
- Free Dog Stuff Giveaways from Top Dog Tips. These are also constantly changing, but it’s great to be able to get something for free. Currently (As of 12/23/2020) they don’t have any giveaways, but bookmark the website and check back periodically! It’s a little bit of effort, but the items are often worth over $50!
- Free giveaways from ModernDog. These are constantly rotating as well. Currently (As of 12/23/2020) they’re giving away twelve “Fur-Zoff” pet hair removers. They also show all the items they’ll be giving away through February. So if the “Fur-Zoff” isn’t something you want, check the other giveaways!
- Occasional free samples from I and Live and You. When you sign up for their newsletter, you’ll get notified when they have free samples again. They aren’t available all the time, but it’s worth getting email alerts for the occasional freebie. Plus, they’ll also donate a meal to their Rescue Shelter of the Month. That’s definitely a good cause!
- BringFrido also has a convenient list of pet-friendly events. It’s always a lot of fun to bring your pet with you while you go out exploring. While it’s currently advised to stay indoors, you can simply bookmark this page for future reference.
And that concludes the huge list of dog freebies! If you’ve filled out all the forms, called all the numbers, and checked all your emails, you can be sure to receive a whole lot of free stuff for your dog!
You might also have noticed that there are no toys on this list. That’s because toys are usually far more expensive. Not only that, but dogs can vary so greatly in size that there couldn’t be a “One size fits all” toy. While you could cut up a treat for smaller dogs, or give a few extra for larger dogs, a toy is simply one piece.
If you are still looking for more freebies, try going to your nearest pet store. They will occasionally have free samples. Online stores also have deals going on all the time. (Especially now that it’s the holidays.)
Subscription services like BarkBox might give you some extra freebies as well, and every once in a while, they’ll have a “First month free” deal going on. This varies greatly between companies and services, but if you’re interested in these already it wouldn’t hurt to check their offerings.
And on a final note, try reaching out to your favorite brands. A quick email or letter wouldn’t take too long, and companies are often glad to reward loyal customers. Try asking your vet next time you get your pet checked out, too. Vets usually have samples on hand.